As you know, books are amazing resources for children. They develop vocabulary, creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking, and expose children to new ideas and concepts. Every child can benefit from a new book – as it is a new opportunity to learn!
A Book Exchange is a fun and economical way to expand your child’s library. Participation does not have to cost more than the postage of mailing one book; and your child will receive 9 books in return. With email being so popular these days, receiving something via postal mail can be a treat – especially items that will keep your child intellectually stimulated!
Here is how you start the Book Exchange among your friends:
- Print 6 copies of this Book Exchange Form
- On 3 of the forms, put your child’s information in space #2
- Contact 3 friends and get their commitment to participate
- Send each friend 2 copies of the Book Exchange Form you printed (one that is filled out and one blank form). The instructions for your friends are outlined on the form. If you prefer to communicate with your friends electronically; put the child’s name, age, and address in the body of the email and add the Book Exchange Form as an attachment.
- Sit back and wait…your child’s 9 books should arrive shortly!
It is not too late to combine this Book Exchange with Summer Reading programs in your community to allow your child to earn new books and prizes!
- After reading 8 books, you can complete this Barnes and Noble form and take to your local store to select one of the listed FREE books! (ends September 4, 2012)
- Read the list of books on Pottery Barn’s reading list by August 22, and bring completed form into store for free book and enter to win a backpack full of supplies! (redeem by August 31, 2012)
- TD Bank awards children with $10 in their savings account, after they have read 10 books! (ends September 29, 2012)
- After reading 10 books, you can complete this HEB Grocery Store form and mail-in to receive prizes! (open to TX residents only, ends October 1, 2012)
- Read every day for 2 weeks, complete this Chuck E Cheese’s form and redeem for 10 FREE tokens! (food purchase required, ends December 31, 2012)