This position is for a California licensed psychologist. This team member provides individual, couple, and family therapeutic intervention services offered by our agency. Our agency offers comprehensive assessment services. This psychologist is not required to conduct these assessments, but they have the option to learn, if interested. This is a therapy-only psychologist position. This clinician serves individuals throughout the lifespan with diverse emotional, behavioral, learning, and neurodevelopmental challenges. This position is designed to provide services virtually (100% remote). However, if the psychologist perfers they may choose to see clients in-person in either of our office locations (Bakersfield and/or Woodland Hills).
Working at Learning Dynamics
Learning Dynamics is a 501c3 nonprofit agency that provides mental health and educational services to the community. Staff at Learning Dynamics work closely together as a collaborative, strength-based team. For this reason, we are seeking applicants that are self-starters, are passionate about serving others, and love to learn and share knowledge with colleagues. Therefore, ideal candidates work well independently and as part of a team.
We serve a high-functioning population with different presenting problems in a supportive setting. For example, prenatal and postpartum issues, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, developmental disabilities, learning disabilities, PTSD/trauma, work stress, relationship challenges, and adjustment disorders.
Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from APA or regionally-accredited program
- Current, unrestricted licensure with the California Board of Psychology as a psychologist
- Fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice
- Two years of post-graduate experience working in human service delivery
- Interest and experience serving BIPOC communities (preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Maintain current, unrestricted license to practice psychology in California and malpractice insurance.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of clinical billing and documentation skills, computer systems, and applicable software.
- Maintain all other position-specific training (e.g., continuing education) as required for licensing.
- Proof of current COVID vaccination
Work Schedule and Compensation
Our agency is open 6 days per week. However, individual work schedules vary. Our clinicians may make and adjust their own schedules, as long as their schedules do not conflict with attendance at meetings or trainings. Furthermore, in support of work-life balance, our clinicians may select to maintain minimum of 24 or 30 weekly client hours. This is a full-time exempt position with an salary of $78,000 or $99,000. In addition, medical benefits include employer-paid coverage for employee (select Covered CA plans), with employees paying the full cost for any dependents. Dental insurance is available. Given that we are an approved Continuing Education Provider, staff permitted to attend our trainings at no cost.
Send CV, cover letter, and names of three professional references to email@example.com. For questions or to confirm your application was received, we can be reached at (310) 855-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.