College Student Counseling
College is a time of transition for many young adults that is often filled with many new encounters and challenges. The demands faced by college students are countless, and can result in both exciting as well as stressful experiences.
While every person’s situation is unique, common areas that college students seek our assistance with include:
- General, social, and/or performance anxiety
- Academic distress, including doubts about grades and graduation
- Time Management and campus involvement
- Relationship (family, personal, work, school) conflicts
- Adjusting to college environment and/or living away or back at home
- Career options, concerns, and/or indecision
- Strategies for navigating learning disabilities or unique learning styles (see Brain Bootcamp).
Our approach to therapy is holistic and strength-based. We seek to identify and develop individual strengths, growth areas, and coping skills; while reducing stressors that can hinder personal, social, and/or academic success during and after college.
All of our services are offered on a sliding scale, with college and graduate students receiving our lowest rates, regardless of family income. Additionally, we accept insurance. More information can be found on our pricing page.
Please give us a call if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to see if we may be of assistance to you.